Children’s Community Health Plan (CCHP) is proud to announce that a tuition scholarship is available to our current members, whether they are a member of BadgerCare Plus - CCHP, Care4Kids, or our health insurance plan Together with CCHP.
Through the national Medicaid organization – The Association for Community Affiliated Plans (ACAP) – a $5,000 tuition scholarship will be awarded to one national winner from the submitted applicants. The scholarship is only available to members whose health maintence organization (HMO) is a member of ACAP. ACAP will notify the national winner during in the last week of May.
The scholarship is available to all members who meet the following criteria:
- Applicant must be a current enrollee or an immediate family member of a current enrollee at Children’s Community Health Plan, Care4Kids or Together with Children’s Community Health Plan.
- Applicant must demonstrate intention to pursue a career in health care or social services.
- Applicant must be enrolled at or applying to a higher education institution (any accredited university, college, technical or vocational school) and enrolled within one year of the application date.
- Applicant must not have been a previous winner of the ACAP Scholarship Program. There are no limits on the number of times that applicants can reapply for the scholarship, but they may only be awarded the scholarship once.
New to the scholarship this year, immediate family members of the enrolled HMO member can apply. The above criteria still apply.
All applications must must contain the following:
- 2017 Application Form
- Official transcript of your grades (high school/GED or transcript from higher education institution). NOTE: Unofficial copies are acceptable for the application; however, you will be required to furnish an official transcript if selected for the award.
- One letter of recommendation from a non-relative teacher, guidance counselor, employer, or other appropriate community member
- Responses to personal essays
- Signed confidentiality and release waiver and accuracy statement
Members can fill out the scholarship application by clicking above or requesting a physical copy by calling, Caitlin at 414-266-6157.
In addition to the ACAP scholarship, CCHP is proud to also award its own $2,500 tuition scholarship available to any member enrolled in Children’s Community Health Plan, Together with Children’s Community Health Plan or Care4Kids.
Applications are due May 19th, 2017 and need to be submitted to:
Children’s Community Health Plan
Attn: Caitlin Vicini
6737 W. Washington St. Ste 2269
Milwaukee, WI 53214