HealthCheck is a preventive health checkup program for members younger than 21.
These checkups are very important. Your child may look and feel well yet might have a health problem. Your provider wants to see your child for regular checkups, not just when he or she is sick.
The HealthCheck program covers the care for any health problems found during the checkup including medical, eye, and dental care.
Three Purposes of HealthCheck
- To find and treat health problems for children and adults younger than 21
- To let you know about the special health services for children and young adults
- To make those younger than 21 eligible for certain services not otherwise covered
- Birth to 1 year old: 6 times per year
- 1 to 2 years old: 3 times per year
- 2 to 3 years: 2 times per year
- 3 to 21 years old: 1 time per year
The Checkup covers:
- Blood and urine lab tests (including lead testing when appropriate for age)
- Dental screening and a referral to a dentist
- Health and developmental history
- Hearing and vision screenings
- Immunizations (shots) appropriate for age
- Unclothed physical examination
Scheduling a HealthCheck Exam
To schedule a exam or for more information, call Customer Service at 1-800-482-8010.
If you need help with transportation to your HealthCheck appointment, call 1-866-907-1493.