- What is Kiio?
Kiio provides scientifically-backed programs that help people with musculoskeletal pain. As part of CCHP’s Low Back Pain Program, you will use the Kiio Mobile app to guide you through a fully animated series of exercises designed for your particular type of low back pain by spine physical therapists, and to receive helpful information and tips.
- Who should consider participating in CCHP’ Low Back Pain Program?
Created by experts in spine physical therapy, the Low Back Pain Program helps people suffering from low back pain. This program is not intended to replace evaluation by your healthcare provider. If your healthcare provider has cleared you for gentle exercise, this program may be a good fit for you. To participate in the program, you must be at least 19 years old.
Exercise is recommended by the American Medical Society1 and numerous clinical studies2,3 as a first-choice treatment for low back pain. Put simply, targeted exercise is one of the most effective treatments for back pain.
CCHP’s Low Back Pain Program provides fully supported exercise programs specific to your type of low back pain. You can perform the exercises in your own home and at your own pace. You don't need special equipment and you won't have to miss work or pay a copay for appointments. Also, you receive helpful information and tips written by Dr. Adriaan Louw, founder of the International Pain and Spine Institute.
1. Qaseem A, Wilt TJ, McLean RM, Forciea MA. Noninvasive Treatments for Acute, Subacute, and Chronic Low Back Pain: A Clinical Practice Guideline From the American College of Physicians. Ann Intern Med. 2017; 166:514–530.
2. Hayden J, Van Tulder MW, Malmivaara A, Koes BW. Exercise therapy for treatment of non-specific low back pain. Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews. July 2005.
3. Koes BW, Van Tulder MW, Lin C-WC, Macedo LG, McAuley J, Maher C. An updated overview of clinical guidelines for the management of non-specific low back pain in primary care. European Spine Journal. 2010; 19(12):2075-2094.
- I'm experiencing technical difficulties with registration or screening. What should I do?
Contact Kiio Technical Support for assistance:
- Do I need anything special to participate?
An Apple or Android smartphone or tablet is required to access the Kiio Mobile app.
- Is there any cost to me to participate?
Children’s Community Health Plan is supporting your health by covering the cost of Kiio. There is no cost to:
- Register and screen
- Download the Kiio Mobile app
- Participate in the exercise program
- Contact Kiio Care for CCHP
Normal copays and deductibles may apply if you see a healthcare provider or physical therapist, as determined by your health plan.
- Is the information I enter secure?
All parts of the Low Back Pain Program are fully secure, including registration, screening, and the Kiio Mobile app. All of your responses are fully protected under HIPAA.
- What happens after I register?
Your registration is usually approved immediately and you are taken directly to the online screening. In some cases, a registration may be denied or require additional review. If denied, we will contact you. The review will be completed within 5 business days.
- I was not taken directly to screening - Why?
In the rare case where your registration requires additional review, you will receive an email from Kiio with a link to complete the online screening when validation is complete. If you do not receive an email within 5 business days, please check your spam/junk folder and then contact Kiio Technical Support at 833-ASK-KIIO or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Why is there a screening?
The online screening questions gather information to provide the best help and experience with the app.
- What does screening involve?
The online screening only takes 5-10 minutes. We ask medical questions and questions about your pain. We ask to learn more about how your pain affects your activities and your work. Finally, we ask about other treatments you have tried and a little about yourself. All of your responses are fully protected under HIPAA.
- How will I begin participating?
After you answer the questions, you will receive information about next steps. In most cases, we provide you links to the Apple and Google app stores to download Kiio Mobile, the app used for the program. Access the link or search for "Kiio" in the App Store (Apple) or the Play Store (Android) to download Kiio Mobile to your smartphone or tablet. Then launch the app and get started!