We want to help keep you and your family healthy. Seeing your primary care provider (PCP) on a regular basis is not only good for your health but important. When you or your family visits their PCP for check-ups, it can prevent visits to the emergency room and save you time.
A primary care provider is your main health care provider and will:
- Provide care to keep you healthy
- Teach you how to stay healthy
- Identify and take care of common medical problems
- Decide the best place for you to go when you are sick
- Make referrals to specialists when needed
CCHP defines primary care providers as those practitioners who offer primary care medical services and include:
- Family Practitioner/General Practitioner – A physician who provides primary health care to patients of all ages
- Geriatrician – A physician who is trained in the care of older adults
- Internal Medicine – A physician who specializes in the prevention, diagnosis, and treatment of adult diseases
- Nurse Practitioner – A health care practitioner who provides well-care and can diagnose/treat routine and minor conditions
- Pediatrician – A physician who specializes in caring for the medical needs of children from birth to young adulthood
Find a Provider
Browse our Provider Directory to search all available providers, including primary care.