With the additional risk of COVID-19 in our community, it’s more important than ever to keep you and your family as safe as possible and avoid preventable hospital stays by getting a flu vaccination.
This year the influenza virus and COVID-19 will be circulating at the same time, making immunization against the flu especially important this year to:
- Avoid becoming infected with both COVID-19 and influenza at the same time (two respiratory illnesses)
- Keep your body healthy to more effectively fight COVID-19 should you become infected
- Avoid possible misdiagnoses as the symptoms may overlap
- Reduce the number of individuals who will require isolation due to overlapping symptoms of influenza and COVID-19
- Avoid overwhelming health systems with a second respiratory virus (PPE, hospital beds, medical staff resources, etc.)
The best way to protect your family from the flu is by getting the vaccination, which can reduce the severity of flu symptoms or prevent the flu all together.
On this web page, we've organized answers to commonly asked questions as follows: