Together with Children’s Community Health Plan (CCHP)
Member Portal User Agreement
The following registration process is for Children’s Community Health Plan members only. Providers must complete and submit the above registration forms for access to the secure portal.
The following are the terms and conditions for use of the Children’s Community Health Plan ("the Health Plan") Member Services Internet Application ("the Application"). Please read them carefully. The Application is provided to individuals who are active policyholders. BY CLICKING THE "I ACCEPT" BUTTON AND COMPLETING THE REGISTRATION PROCESS, YOU ARE STATING THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO REGISTER AND THAT YOU AGREE TO BE BOUND BY ALL OF THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THE APPLICATION ("TOS").
The Application is offered to you conditioned on your acceptance without modification of the terms, conditions, and notices contained herein.
style="margin-left: 40px;">The Health Plan has no obligation to monitor the Application or any user's use thereof or retain the content of any user session. However, the Health Plan reserves the right at all times to monitor, review, retain and/or disclose any information as necessary to satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request.
- MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD, AND SECURITY
To open an account, you must complete the registration process by providing us with current, complete and accurate information as prompted by the Registration Form. You then will choose a password. You are entirely responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of your password and account. Furthermore, you are entirely responsible for any and all activities that occur under your account.
You agree to notify the Health Plan immediately of any unauthorized use of your account or any other breach of security.
- MEMBER PRIVACY
It is the Health Plan's policy to respect the privacy of its members. The Health Plan will not monitor, edit, or disclose any personal information about you or your use of the Application, including its contents, without your prior permission unless the Health Plan has a good faith belief that such action is necessary to: (1) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (2) protect and defend the rights or property of the Health Plan; (3) enforce the TOS; or (4) act to protect the interests of its members or others. Be advised that your Internet Protocol address is transmitted with each message sent from your account.
You agree that the Health Plan may access your account, including its contents, as stated above or to respond to service or technical issues.
A parent/guardian will have access to view their dependent’s health care, including explanation of benefits, prior authorizations and claims, until the dependent reaches the age of 14. After the dependent turns 14, the parent will continue to be able to access invoices for the dependent’s health care services; however, the description of the dependent’s health care services or claims will be removed, such as removing the ability to see the dependent’s explanation of benefits. A dependent 14 years old or older can sign up for CCHP Connect, our member portal, if they choose, so that they may be able to see their health care services.
- MEMBER CONDUCT
Defame, abuse, harass, stalk, threaten or otherwise violate the legal rights (such as rights of privacy and publicity) of others.
- Publish, distribute or disseminate any inappropriate, profane, defamatory, infringing, obscene, indecent or unlawful material or information.
- Advertise or offer to sell or buy any goods or services for any non-personal purpose.
- Harvest or otherwise collect information about others, including email addresses, without their consent.
- Create a false identity for the purpose of obtaining information about another Health Plan member.
- Use, download or otherwise copy, or provide (whether or not for a fee) to a person or entity that is not an Application member any directory of the Service members or other user or usage information or any portion thereof other than in the context of your use of the Application as permitted under the TOS.
- Transmit or upload any material that contains viruses, trojan horses, worms, time bombs, cancelbots, or any other harmful or deleterious programs.
- Transmit or upload any material that contains software or other material protected by intellectual property laws, rights of privacy or publicity or any other applicable law unless you own or control the rights thereto or have received all necessary consents.
- Interfere with or disrupt networks connected to the Application or violate the regulations, policies or procedures of such networks.
- Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Application, other accounts, computer systems or networks connected to the Application, through password mining or any other means.
- Violate any applicable laws or regulations including, without limitation, laws regarding the transmission of technical data or software exported from the United States through the service.
- Interfere with another member's use and enjoyment of the Application or another individual's or entity's use and enjoyment of similar services.
As a condition of your use of the Application, you warrant to the Health Plan that you will not use the Application for any purpose that is unlawful or prohibited by these terms, conditions, and notices.
- The Application is provided to individuals only and for personal use only. You agree to use the Application only for your personal use and those of your dependents, up until the dependent reaches the age of 14. Any unauthorized commercial use of the Application, or the resale of its services, is expressly prohibited.
- You agree to abide by all applicable local, state, national and international laws and regulations and are solely responsible for all acts or omissions that occur under your account or password, including the content of your transmissions through the Application. By way of example, and not as a limitation, you agree not to:
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY SITES The links included within the application may let you leave the application web sites ("linked sites"). The linked sites are not under the control of the Health Plan and the Health Plan is not responsible for the contents of any linked site or any link contained in a linked site, or any changes or updates to such sites. The Health Plan is not responsible for webcasting or any other form of transmission received from any linked site. The Health Plan is providing these links to you only as a convenience, and the inclusion of any link does not imply endorsement by the Health Plan of the site or any association with their operators.
- DISCLAIMERS/LIMITATION OF LIABILITY
The information and services included in or available through the Application may include inaccuracies or typographical errors. Changes are periodically added to the information herein. The Health Plan and/or its respective suppliers may make improvements and/or changes in the Application at any time.
The Health Plan does not represent or warrant that the Application will be uninterrupted or error-free, that defects will be corrected, or that the Application or the server that makes it available, are free of viruses or other harmful components. The Health Plan does not warrant or represent that the use or the results of the use of the Application or the materials made available as part of the Application will be correct, accurate, timely, or otherwise reliable.
You specifically agree that the Health Plan shall not be responsible for unauthorized access to or alteration of your transmissions or data, any material or data sent or received or not sent or received, or any transactions entered into through the Application. You specifically agree that the Health Plan is not responsible or liable for any threatening, defamatory, obscene, offensive or illegal content or conduct of any other party or any infringement of another's rights, including intellectual property rights. You specifically agree that the Health Plan is not responsible for any content sent using and/or included in the Application by any third party.
The Health Plan and/or its respective suppliers make no representations about the suitability, reliability, availability, timeliness, and accuracy of the application for any purpose. The application is provided "as is" without warranty of any kind. The Health Plan and/or its respective suppliers hereby disclaim all warranties and conditions with regard to the application, including all implied warranties and conditions of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and non-infringement.
You agree to indemnify and hold the Health Plan, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers and employees, harmless from any claim, demand, or damage, including reasonable attorneys' fees, asserted by any third party due to or arising out of your use of or conduct on the Application.
The Health Plan may terminate your access to any part or all of the Application and any related service(s) at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately, for any reason whatsoever.
The Health Plan may also terminate or suspend your account for inactivity, which is defined as failing to sign-in to the Application for an extended period of time, as determined by the Health Plan. Upon termination of the Application, your right to use the Application immediately ceases.
If you wish to terminate your account, you may do so by notifying the Health Plan's Help Desk at 844-201-4672.
- PROPRIETARY RIGHTS TO CONTENT
You acknowledge that content, including but not limited to text, software, music, sound, photographs, video, graphics or other material contained in either sponsor advertisements or electronically distributed, commercially produced information presented to you by the Application, by the Health Plan, or the Health Plan's Advertisers or other content providers, is protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. You may make a copy of this content for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided that you keep all copyright and other proprietary notices intact. You may not modify, copy, reproduce, republish, upload, post, transmit, or distribute in any way content available through the Application and its associated Web sites, including code and software.
- MODIFICATIONS TO TERMS OF SERVICE, MEMBER POLICIES
The Health Plan reserves the right to change the TOS or policies regarding the use of the Application at any time and to notify you by posting an updated version of the TOS on this Web site. You are responsible for regularly reviewing the TOS. Continued use of the Application after any such changes shall constitute your consent to such changes.
This agreement is governed by the laws of the State of Wisconsin and the United States of America. Use of the Application is unauthorized in any jurisdiction that does not give effect to all provisions of these terms and conditions, including without limitation this paragraph. You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between you and the Health Plan as a result of this agreement or use of the Application. The Health Plan's performance of this agreement is subject to existing laws and legal process, and nothing contained in this agreement is in derogation of the Health Plan's right to comply with governmental, court and law enforcement requests or requirements relating to your use of the Application or information provided to or gathered by the Health Plan with respect to such use. If any part of this agreement is determined to be invalid or unenforceable pursuant to applicable law including, but not limited to, the warranty disclaimers and liability limitations set forth above, then the invalid or unenforceable provision will be deemed superseded by a valid, enforceable provision that most closely matches the intent of the original provision and the remainder of the agreement shall continue in effect. Unless otherwise specified herein, this agreement constitutes the entire agreement between the user and the Health Plan with respect to the Application (excluding the use of any software which may be subject to an end-user license agreement) and it supersedes all prior or contemporaneous communications and proposals, whether electronic, oral or written, between the user and the Health Plan with respect to the Application. A printed version of this agreement and of any notice given in electronic form shall be admissible in judicial or administrative proceedings based upon or relating to this agreement to the same extent and subject to the same conditions as other business documents and records originally generated and maintained in printed form. You and the Health Plan agree that any cause of action arising out of or related to this Application must commence within one (1) year after the cause of action arose; otherwise, such cause of action is permanently barred. The section titles in the TOS are solely used for the convenience of the parties and have no legal or contractual significance.
It is the express will of the parties that this agreement and all related documents have been drawn up in English.
COPYRIGHT AND TRADEMARK NOTICES: All contents of the Application are: Copyright © 2017 University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Health Plan and Children’s Community Health Plan. All rights reserved.
TRADEMARKS. University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Health Plan, and/or Children’s Community Health Plan other University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Health Plan products and services referenced herein are either trademarks or registered trademarks of University of Pittsburgh Medical Center Health Plan and/or Children’s Community Health Plan. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
The example companies, organizations, products, people and events depicted herein are fictitious. No association with any real company, organization, product, person, or event is intended or should be inferred.
Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
NOTICES AND PROCEDURE FOR MAKING CLAIMS OF COPYRIGHT INFRINGEMENT. Pursuant to Title 17, United States Code, Section 512(c)(2), notifications of claimed copyright infringement should be sent to Service Provider's Designated Agent. Last Revised 05/11/2001.