Comprehensive Health Care for Children
Care4Kids creates a "medical home" for each child entering care. This "medical home" is not a physical place, but rather a philosophy that children in out-of-home care (OHC) deserve coordinated and comprehensive healthcare that addresses their unique needs.
Interested in Care4Kids?
Through Care4Kids, children in out-of-home care will receive:
- An out-of-home health screen within 2 business days of entering care
- A comprehensive initial health assessment within 30 days of entering care
- Mental Health/Developmental Screening
- A mental health or developmental evaluation(s) (if needed)
- Dental and vision care
- Coordinated ongoing health care from providers trained in the unique needs of children in out-of-home care
- A comprehensive health care plan tailored to the child's individual health needs
- Care4Kids member handbook (English) (Spanish)
Want to know more about the Care4Kids Program?
Proudly Serving Select Communities
Care4Kids serves the following counties in southeast Wisconsin: